Saturday, January 8, 2011

Devendra Banhart (Sk8boarding?)


Devendra is somewhere beyond inspiring, in his early interviews he would always talk about how bummed he was cause people expected him to show up to his shows and play, instead of roaming through the forest on mushrooms. Later he went on to live on a fatty plot of land with a pack of wolves, (one of those wolves was featured with a howling track on the jam "Hey Mama Wolf"). Then he went through a short stint where he dated Natalie Portman. I mean fuck bro, as far as life is concerned you're kinda killing it. And just the other day my buddy Tommy B. showed me this footage of him slaying it on a sk8board. That was the nail in the coffin for me. If this dude was around when I was 15 my hair would be down to my ass and I'd be tripping balls, with Devendra posters all over my room. the Footage and my favorite track off his last album are below. Enjoy

Devendra Banhart Baby




3 comments:

  1. My thoughts exactly dude. DB is an amazing soul. So my girlfriend works for Warner Bros. Records and she brought me to his album release for "What Will We Be". It was like a small apartment party at Madame Wong's in Chinatown and he bought all the decorations from Olvera Street: cheap Dia de los Muertos stuff, kitschy California memorabilia (a pair of pot holders currently lives in my kitchen), random 99cent toys. Nothing over-the-top, no press, mostly family, friends and people from the label.

    He was there with that girl from "40 Year Old Virgin" so I wasn't able to get him to fall in love with me, but he did come up to my gf and I early in the evening and said "Thank you for being here" and did a little Namaste bow. And then my heart leapt out of my chest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA that's the cutest story I've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. once i grew my hair out just so i could look like him, but i had never seen him & didn't know who he was at the time.

    ReplyDelete

Followers