Friday, June 3, 2011

Tropical Popsicle!


So yesterday I raced over to the Soda Bar in hopes to make it in time for Tropical Popsicle's set. My efforts were met with no reward, they had already played and Ale Mania had just hit the stage. But that's not what I'm here to tell you, I'm here to say that if you have 2 dollars in your bank account you should prolly take my advice and buy this little 3 song beauty. I believe it to be only a teaser for more awesomeness to follow in the future. The very first track is woven together beautifully with organ and drums set at almost the same level and the vocals just behind giving off a very tribal warm glow. Track two is for sure my favorite though, more than anything it just makes me want to go surfing and hit on beach babes like it's my fuckin job. Below are the tracks, give em a spin and I'm pretty sure you'll be stoked. Also, as a side note, I gotta say that bands like this get me amped on the direction that San Diego music is going on a whole. I feel like the pretension is drifting away and the good vibes are being pumped up to eleven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers