Thursday, July 8, 2010

Dirty Roots


I'm a lil late to the game when it comes to listening to the new Roots album How I got over. Whilst givin it a solid spin it was brought to my attention that the trio of hotties from Dirty Projectors sing harmonies on the track A peace of light which is a solid intro to the next track Radio Daze. A track where ?uestlove's jazzy drum beats shine. I was a little weary of the whole jump that they made to being the back up band on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. I thought it might affect their street cred. I never thought about how it would benefit them in having amazing collaborations. This album is chuck full of team-ups from Monsters of folk to Joanna Newsome, to John Legend. It just goes to show that even a group as amazing and timeless as The Roots can still do awesome new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers